SCOPE AND CONSENT
- This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Site.
- On the App.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other unrelated website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site and the App are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Site or App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site, App or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site or App, use any of the interactive features of this Site or the App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site and App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Site and App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, App or through Listings. This includes information provided at the time of registering for an Account, subscribing to our newsletter or blog (if provided), or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site or App.
- Information that you post or provide to us such as feedback or recommendations or opinions related to our products;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Submitted Content. You also may provide Submitted Content on public areas, or transmitted to other users of the Site or App or third parties. Your Submitted Content are published and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your Submitted Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Submitted Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Social Media Information. When you engage with our Site or App through third-party social media sites or register for an Account with your SN Website Profile, you understand that you may be allowing us to have ongoing access to certain information stored on those social media sites (e.g., your public profile, friend list, people you follow or who follow you, your email address, birthday, work history, education history, interests, current city, religious and political views, website, personal description, and likes, and your friends’ birthdays, education histories, personal descriptions, and likes). We may receive certain information about you which is stored on social media sites if other users of those sites give us access to their profiles and you are one of their friends or connections depending upon your settings on those third-party social networking sites. We may also receive other information (e.g., content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with our Site or App. The information we have access to from the third-party social media websites varies by website and is controlled by your privacy settings on that website and by your consent. The information that may be passed to analytics providers and advertising partners is via cookies and tracking technologies. Please see below for information including your choices in relation to these technologies.
Special Categories of Personal Information. We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal convictions, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data) unless you choose to include that information and provide it to us.
Mobile Information. We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site or App through a mobile device (e.g., your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, location or GPS/geo-location). Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
- Details of your visits to our Site and the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Geo-location information to provide certain location-based services that you request.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site and App according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site or App.
For more information, see our Cookies and Tracking Technologies Policy located at http://myplace.co/cookies.
HOW WE USE AND RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We generally use your personal information where we need to do so in order to perform the Services, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, and where we need to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation. More specifically, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your Account or registration.
- To personalize your experience by providing content on the Site and App.
- To improve the Site or App.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site or App.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We do not use automated decision-making. In addition, we may use third party analytics providers and products to obtain, compile and analyze information about how Users are using and interacting with us and/or the Services. We may provide Information to these analytics providers for the purpose of obtaining statistics and other information about how users are using and interacting with MyPlace. These analytics providers may use a variety of established or new tracking technologies or tools (including, without limitation, cookies, web beacons, HTTP cache, local shared objects and persistent identifiers) to recognize your computer or device and/or to collect or compile this information. MyPlace has no control over the technologies, tools or practices of the third parties that providing analytics products and services to us.
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting and other requirements.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Services.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our Users, or others.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You control the personal data you share with us. You can object to our processing of your data, request that our processing be restricted, review or request changes to your personal data, or request that your Account be deleted and we erase your data by contact us at email@example.com. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing emails by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your Account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may exercise any of these rights free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to act on a request if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of its repetitive character.Your privacy is important to us, so we will ask that you provide sufficient information to verify your identity before we respond to your requests. In some situations, we may refuse to act or impose limitations on your right if, for instance, it is likely to adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others, prejudice the execution or enforcement of the law, or interfere with pending or future litigation.
If you delete your Submitted Content from the Site or App, copies of your Submitted Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site and App, including Submitted Content, is governed by our Terms of Services.For more information on your rights, please contact email@example.com.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
We store and process your information on our services located in the United States.We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls.It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate and that your password(s) and Account registration information are secure and not shared with third parties.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site or App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or App.
Updated on 03/07/2022
51 West 8th St.
Phone: (831) 298-0050